Sen. John McCain wants weapons sent to Syrian rebels. He has bipartisan support.
But those rebels are associated with Al Qaeda. Supporting them violates the Patriot Act and the NDAA.
Do you want to help these rebels?
Why should this civil war concern the U.S.?
If you oppose yet another intervention in yet another country that doesn’t threaten us, tell Congress you deny consent using DownsizeDC.org’s Stop Policing the World Campaign.
The hardwired message says...
Defend America only. Do not manipulate or police the world.
You may borrow from or copy this letter...
I especially oppose intervention in Syria. Ignore the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s 15-3 vote to arm the rebels.
Isn’t supporting “associated forces” of Al Qaeda a violation of the NDAA?
* Shouldn’t John McCain be “indefinitely detained” for posing with known terrorists in Syria? (http://bit.ly/14cIVBN)
* As well as the other 14 pro-rebel Senators in the Foreign Relations Committee?
* Shouldn’t Obama lock HIMSELF up if he creates a “no-fly zone” to help the rebels? (http://bit.ly/18AeD2N)
* The lead rebel fighters are connected to Al Qaeda, several of whom fought Americans in Iraq.
* Even “moderate” rebel groups, if there are any, are “associated forces” of Al Qaeda.
I have no sympathy for Assad. But Congress knows nothing about the Middle East. Everything you touch turns into a bloody mess...
* Remember Iraq?
Aside from the horrific thought of arming jihadists, consider also...
* With Iran and Hezbollah supporting Assad, your help to the rebels risks a wider Middle East war.
* Because Russia is sending weapons to Assad, aiding the rebels invites a Cold War II.
Your intervention creates instability everywhere.
So END it everywhere! Declare neutrality in Syria’s civil war.
Jim Babka is President of DownsizeDC.org.