Today’s action item makes the case for abolishing the Department of Homeland Security, instead of replacing its Secretary. But first...
WHERE’S JIM BABKA
Downsize DC President Jim Babka was interviewed by the Christian Science Monitor for an article titled, 'Fair' housing or 'social engineering'? HUD proposal stirs controversy. You can learn more about it at our blog.
I sent this letter to my Representative and Senators telling them to abolish the Department of Homeland Security.
The hardwired message says simply ...
Abolish the Department of Homeland Security.
You can borrow what I wrote to send your own comments to Congress ...
Secretary Janet Napolitano’s resignation is the perfect time get rid of the Department. Its alleged purpose is to prevent terrorism. But it’s trying to solve a problem that doesn’t really exist. You’re far more likely to die from...
- bathtub drowning
- home appliances
- deer accidents
… than from terrorism.
This tells me the DHS is a waste of time. And, it wastes my money...
* Spending shot up from $20 billion in 2002 to $60 billion this year
* DHS grants are just another avenue for Congressional pork-barrel spending
Also, the DHS isn’t really about security or terrorism prevention at all:
* The primary counter-terrorism agencies - FBI, CIA, and NSA - aren’t even part of the DHS.
* Less than 25% of DHS grants actually go to terrorism prevention.
But the case for DHS gets worse. This agency is a threat to my rights and liberties. Consider...
* TSA molestations, humiliations, and outright thievery
* “Fusion centers” that spy on peaceful American activists
* DHS funding that turns local police into quasi-military forces deployed against the American people. Why does a small town need an armored vehicle?
Abolishing the DHS would be a major sign of progress. Congress would demonstrate there’s no longer any desire...
* to scare and manipulate us
* to keep ballooning the national debt
* to undermine American rights
The DHS doesn’t protect me. It just wastes my taxes and stomps on my liberties. I DO NOT consent to its existence.
If you want me to think you have some legitimacy, don’t replace Napolitano. Abolish the DHS instead.
— END OF LETTER —
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends and ask them to take the same action.
Policy Research Director