Quote of the Day: "In existing criminology there are concepts: a criminal man, a criminal profession, a criminal society, a criminal sect, and a criminal tribe, but there is no concept of a criminal state, or a criminal government, or criminal legislation. Consequently, the biggest crimes actually escape being called crimes." -- P. D. Ouspensky (1878-1947) Source: A New Model of the Universe, 1931
The President uses drones to kill some terrorists and lots of innocents.
Revenge, in turn, creates more terrorists.
He bases his murderous power on the 2001 “Authorization to Use Military Force.”
You may borrow from or copy these personal comments...
The alleged 9/11 perpetrators are captured or dead. Their network is broken. The AUMF’s goals are met.
We don’t need it. It causes us more harm than good...
* The 2012 NDAA, based on the AUMF, empowers the President to kidnap anyone without evidence.
* The President invokes the AUMF to kill with impunity.
He prefers using drones -- with extreme callousness... (http://bit.ly/NOthd0)
* Drone strikes in Pakistan kill 49 innocent civilians for every terrorist. 49 to 1!
* The drones return to the same target, minutes later, to kill rescue workers.
* Communities live in terror 24 hours a day.
* When innocent men die, the Administration lies and calls them "militants." (http://wapo.st/LDEcAi)
Even American citizens never formally charged with a crime are murdered, such as...
* Anwar al-Awlaqi (http://www.salon.com/2011/09/30/awlaki_6/)
* And his teenage son Abdulrahman, two weeks later.
Obama advisor Robert Gibbs even implied it was Abdulrahman’s own fault for being the son of an al-Qaeda member! (http://bit.ly/QTS5NG)
And there's no end in sight. Obama officials believe drone murders, based on secret or non-existent evidence, will continue for at least ten more years. (http://wapo.st/VBhy68)
The policy fails. Drone strikes against civilians leads to increased anti-Americanism and Al Qaeda recruitment. (http://wapo.st/LDEcAi)
As public officials, you act in the name of your constituents. These actions do NOT have my consent. I want the AUMF repealed, because it would...
* end this senseless slaughter.
* keep me and my neighbors safer by reducing anti-Americanism throughout the world.
REPEAL IT NOW!
Policy Research Director