Quote of the Day: "We should distinguish at this point between 'government' and 'state' … A government is the consensual organization by which we adjudicate disputes, defend our rights, and provide for certain common needs … A state on the other hand, is a coercive organization asserting or enjoying a monopoly over the use of physical force in some geographic area and exercising power over its subjects." – David Boaz
When the powerful lose the trust of the people, what do they do?
Try to increase their own power!
That's happening in Washington DC. The two parties are arguing about how much more they want to spend YOUR money and run YOUR life.
They'll assume they have YOUR consent, unless you withdraw it.
DownsizeDC.org's Cap the Debt campaign is a lever telling them to do less, not more. It would instantly shrink the national State and balance the budget.
The hardwired message to Congress reads...
Do NOT raise the debt ceiling ever again.
I added these personal comments, which you may borrow from or copy...
Did you know a recent poll shows... (http://bit.ly/15Kfnyw)
* 74 percent of Americans don't trust you to make the right decisions.
* 53 percent say government is a threat to Americans' rights and freedoms.
... we don't believe you're really "governing” with our consent. You're not serving us.
After all, what kind of government...
* attacks countries that never threatened us?
* arms and funds murderous dictators in some countries, plus gangsterish and extremist rebels in others?
* claims power to murder and kidnap?
* imprisons the non-violent?
* prohibits voluntary purchases between willing providers and customers?
* steals our land and possessions without due process of law?
* steals our money to reward bailouts, subsidies, and contracts to cronies?
* destroys our savings and make us dependent on welfare and medical schemes?
* meddles in individual and family life, leading to bitter cultural disputes?
What do you call an institution that does all of that while saddling the people with ever-growing public debt?
Doesn't this sound like a ruthless, corrupt, Leviathan State?
I'm not being "governed." I'm being RULED!
Slavery is the condition of those who are ruled!
I want you to take steps to act like a REAL government for a change. One that SERVES us with our CONSENT.
That's why I demand that you...
REFUSE TO RAISE THE DEBT CEILING.
* you would have a balanced budget and no more new debt, but
* you would have to cut back on the evil things described above.
You can still achieve this while keeping commitments to those dependent on you.
Stop ruling us. Start serving us. Or we the people will look for peaceful ways to alter or abolish this Leviathan State.
You can support the production of the Downsizer-Dispatch and the Educate the Powerful System using our secure contribution form.
Remember to share this message with interested friends.
Policy Research Director