Do you want Congress to exploit the Boston Marathon bombings to once again increase federal power?
If you DO NOT CONSENT to another power-grab, tell Congress using DownsizeDC.org’s “I Am Not Afraid” campaign.
The hardwired message says...
I am not afraid of terrorism. I want you to stop being afraid on my behalf. End your politically profitable war on terror.
You may borrow from or copy these additional comments...
Don’t use the Boston Marathon bombings as an excuse to further invade my liberty and privacy.
Instead, be smart. Recognize that NONE of your laws prevented, or could have prevented the Boston attack.
Terrorism remains extremely rare.
As “Washington’s Blog” reports, you are...
* Eight times more likely be be killed by a cop than a terrorist
* 5,882 times more likely to die from medical errors than terrorism
* 1,904 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack
You can read more data here: http://bit.ly/ZG5u58
Your anti-terrorism bills PUNISH the innocent.
Worse, they undermine a culture of individual rights and liberties dating back to the Magna Carta.
How can you justify...
* FBI seizure of personal data without warrants?
* The NSA monitoring our online activities?
* Indefinite detention of individuals without charge or trial?
* Imposing a national ID card?
* Molesting airline passengers and seizing their property?
* occupying and bombing third world countries without provocation?
* squandering trillions of taxpayer dollars on these wars?
It’s often said that the terrorists “hate us for our freedom.”
Well, if so...
…why have both parties in Congress attacked our freedoms for a dozen years?
Doesn’t that mean you’re letting the terrorists win?
Jim Babka is President of DownsizeDC.org.